Congratulations!
You've earned 1 point
Meghan Markle’s Reported Acting Comeback Could Be Driving Her Surprise UK Return With Prince Harry
Meghan Markle could be preparing for her biggest acting comeback in nearly a decade, with fresh reports claiming the Duchess of Sussex is in talks to join Guy Ritchie’s hit Netflix series The Gentlemen.
The timing has immediately attracted attention. Meghan, 45, and Prince Harry, 41, are preparing to return to Britain with Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet after six years in California, and one report claims the potential role is among the reasons behind the move.
However, the details remain fluid. While The Sun reports Meghan is in advanced talks to play a “temptress” in a future season, Variety says negotiations are still at a very early stage, no contract has been signed and Netflix has not yet officially renewed The Gentlemen for Season 3. Reuters similarly reported that Meghan is in discussions but noted that her involvement has not been confirmed.
Meghan linked to a major role in The Gentlemen

The Netflix series, created by Guy Ritchie, follows Eddie Horniman, played by Theo James, an aristocrat and former soldier who inherits his family estate only to discover it is tied to a criminal cannabis operation.
The first season became a major success for Netflix, spending 10 weeks in the streamer’s global Top 10 English-language TV chart. Season 2 is scheduled to premiere on September 3.
According to The Sun, Meghan is being considered for a role that would introduce a new disruptive figure into the show’s aristocratic criminal world.
An insider claimed the part could involve Meghan playing a “temptress” who causes trouble by becoming involved with one of the aristocratic characters. The source argued that the combination of a glossy British production, a global Netflix audience and Guy Ritchie’s distinctive style could make the series a strong vehicle for her return to scripted television.
Variety, however, reports that Meghan’s specific role has not yet been identified publicly and describes the conversations as preliminary.
Why the timing of the talks is so striking

The discussions come just as Meghan and Harry prepare to re-establish a base in Britain.
The couple are reportedly returning to the UK for an extended period with Archie and Lilibet, although they are expected to retain their Montecito home and continue their professional activities in the United States.
The Sun claims Meghan’s potential acting role is a “driving force” behind the timing of the move, alongside Harry’s desire to spend more time near King Charles while the monarch continues cancer treatment.
That explanation has not been independently confirmed by Meghan or Harry, and their representatives have not publicly linked the relocation to The Gentlemen.
Still, if Meghan does ultimately join the show, the logistics would certainly make a UK base convenient.
The series is predominantly filmed at the Badminton Estate in Gloucestershire, approximately seven miles from King Charles’s Highgrove residence, according to The Sun.
A striking return to the career Meghan left behind

Meghan became internationally known through her role as Rachel Zane in Suits, joining the legal drama in 2011 and remaining with the series until shortly before her marriage to Harry in 2018.
At the time, Meghan described leaving acting as the beginning of a “new chapter”.
For years afterwards, a traditional acting return appeared unlikely. In a 2022 interview, she said she was “done” with acting, although she added that she would “never say never”.
Since then, Meghan has remained heavily involved in television as herself, including Harry & Meghan and the lifestyle series With Love, Meghan.
She is also set to make a cameo as herself in the upcoming comedy Close Personal Friends, starring Lily Collins and Brie Larson. Variety notes that a role in The Gentlemen would be considerably more significant because it could mark a return to scripted acting rather than another appearance as herself.
Meghan already has strong ties to Netflix

A Netflix project would also be a natural fit professionally.
Meghan and Harry’s Archewell Productions has maintained a relationship with the streamer, producing projects including Harry & Meghan, Heart of Invictus and With Love, Meghan.
That existing connection is one reason industry reports view a potential role in The Gentlemen as plausible.
The Sussexes’ original high-profile Netflix deal has evolved over the years, but Meghan continues to have an established relationship with the company.
Neither Netflix nor Meghan’s representatives has publicly commented on the reported talks.
The show’s British setting adds another twist
There are several unusual parallels between Meghan’s real life and the fictional world she could potentially enter.
Theo James’s character is a duke and former soldier who becomes entangled in a criminal empire after inheriting a sprawling estate.
Harry, of course, is himself a duke and served in the British Army.
The first season was also promoted with the phrase “every heir needs a spare”, an accidental echo of Harry’s own memoir Spare and his long-discussed position behind Prince William in the royal hierarchy.
Those similarities have helped fuel interest in the possibility of Meghan joining the series, although they have no bearing on whether a deal will ultimately happen.
A potential role close to Highgrove

The filming location adds another layer of coincidence.
Badminton House and its surrounding estate have long-standing royal associations and sit only a short distance from Highgrove.
If Meghan joins the series and filming proceeds there, she could be working just minutes from one of King Charles’s most personal residences.
The production has also used other UK locations, including Surrey and London.
For Harry and Meghan, therefore, Britain could soon become both a family base and, potentially, the centre of one of Meghan’s most significant professional projects in years.
Their move is not expected to be permanent

Despite the renewed UK focus, reports suggest the Sussexes are not permanently abandoning California.
The Sun says Harry and Meghan have told associates that they intend to maintain their Montecito home and eventually return to the US, with the British move described as a shorter-term arrangement rather than a complete relocation.
Meghan is also expected to continue operating her As Ever lifestyle brand and pursuing projects connected to the US.
That means a role in The Gentlemen, if confirmed, would not necessarily signal that Meghan is swapping California permanently for British television.
Instead, it could represent a new hybrid chapter: family life closer to King Charles, British schooling for Archie and Lilibet, continued American business interests — and perhaps a return to the profession that first made Meghan famous.
Nothing is signed yet
For all the excitement surrounding the reports, the central fact remains unchanged: Meghan has not officially joined The Gentlemen.
Variety says no contract is in place and Netflix has not yet renewed the show for Season 3. Reuters likewise describes the situation as talks rather than a completed deal.
So while The Sun portrays the discussions as advanced and suggests Meghan is “very excited”, the most reliable picture at present is that negotiations are happening but the outcome remains uncertain.
What is undeniable is how dramatically the possibility reframes Meghan’s return to Britain.
Eight years after stepping away from Suits and beginning a new life inside the Royal Family, she could now be returning to the UK with Harry — and simultaneously moving closer to the acting career she once left behind.