King Charles’ Peaceful Scottish Retreat With Queen Camilla Is Suddenly Disrupted After Devastating News Forces an Unexpected Change to His Summer Plans. What Should Have Been Precious Private Time With the Royal Family Instead Takes a Deeply Emotional Turn as the Monarch Confronts a Heartbreaking Development. Now, the Reason Behind the Sudden Change Has Cast a Somber Shadow Over the King’s Long-Awaited Summer Escape.

King Charles and Queen Camilla ‘Dreadfully Saddened’ by Devastating Colombia Earthquake

King Charles 'dreadfully saddened' as he shares emotional message with Queen  Camilla about 'most difficult of times'

King Charles and Queen Camilla have expressed their deep sorrow following a devastating earthquake in Colombia that has reportedly claimed hundreds of lives and left thousands of people missing.

A 7.4-magnitude earthquake struck the South American country at 7:34am local time on Monday, with the epicentre near San José del Palmar, according to the US Geological Survey. The disaster has caused widespread destruction, with Cali among the areas reportedly hit hardest.

In a statement shared through the official Royal Family social media channels, King Charles said he and Queen Camilla were “dreadfully saddened” to learn of the tragedy.

“My wife and I were so dreadfully saddened to learn of the devastating earthquake that has struck your country, and the tragic loss of life and suffering it has caused,” the King said.

He continued by offering his thoughts to those who had lost loved ones, those injured and families still waiting for news.

“At this most difficult of times, our special thoughts are with the bereaved and injured, those awaiting news of family and friends and the emergency responders working tirelessly to support those in need.”

The King also praised the resilience of the Colombian people, sending his “deepest sympathy and heartfelt condolences” during what he described as an extremely difficult period.

Other European royals send condolences

King Charles, Prince Albert of Monaco, and More Royals Express Condolences  After Colombia Earthquake

King Charles and Queen Camilla were not the only European royals to respond to the disaster.

Prince Albert II and Princess Charlene of Monaco also expressed their sorrow, saying they had been “deeply moved” by news of the earthquake and its devastating consequences.

The royal couple extended their condolences to bereaved families and those injured, while expressing their solidarity with the people of Colombia.

Meanwhile, King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia of Spain offered their “deepest solidarity and our full support” to those affected.

The Spanish royals also expressed particular concern for people still missing, including Spanish nationals believed to have been caught up in the disaster.

Cali faces widespread destruction

King and Queen 'dreadfully saddened' by deadly Colombia earthquake | LBC

Cali, Colombia’s third-largest city, has reportedly suffered extensive damage, with thousands of homes destroyed and dozens of buildings collapsing.

Mayor Alejandro Eder said rescue teams had managed to pull dozens of people from collapsed structures, while emergency workers continued searching for survivors.

The scale of the disaster has prompted a major rescue and relief effort as authorities attempt to locate those still missing and provide assistance to people left without homes.

With the death toll continuing to rise, King Charles’ message joins a growing number of international expressions of sympathy for Colombia as the country confronts one of its most devastating natural disasters in decades.

Related Posts

The Team Behind The Breakout Mystery Just Dropped Major Season 2 Updates—And The Next Chapter Could Bring Darker Secrets, Bigger Trouble And A Very Different Island

Congratulations! You’ve earned 1 point OK The writers behind Widow’s Bay have officially started work on Season 2, according to series creator Katie Dippold. During recent promotional…

Fans Say The Addictive Series Makes Slowing Down Almost Impossible, With Relentless Twists And Cliffhangers Turning Every Episode Into An Immediate Need For The Next

Congratulations! You’ve earned 1 point OK View Image This lesser-known TV show has fans binging and rewatching it (file)(Image: Netflix) Science fiction fans have been left baffled…

Netflix’s Powerful W.a.r Drama Resurrects The Extraordinary True Story Of Unsung ‘Heroes,’ Bringing A Best-Selling Book’s Remarkable Tale Of Sacrifice And Survival To The Screen

Congratulations! You’ve earned 1 point OK History enthusiasts looking for a gripping film based on real events may want to revisit The Siege of Jadotville, the acclaimed…

The Hidden Meaning Behind Prince George, Princess Charlotte and the Royal Children’s Full Names Is Far More Personal Than Most People Realise. From Quiet Tributes to Queen Elizabeth II and Princess Diana to Names Passed Down Through Generations, Almost Every Choice Tells a Story About the Family Behind the Crown. But Look Further Down the Line of Succession and a Surprising Pattern Emerges — Some Royal Parents Have Been Quietly Breaking With Centuries of Naming Tradition.

Congratulations! You’ve earned 1 point OK The Hidden Meaning Behind Royal Baby Names — And Why Almost Every Name Tells a Family Story When a new baby…

Zara Tindall Finally Ends a Remarkable 20-Year Wait for a Major Individual Title — But the Timing of Her Emotional Victory Made the Moment Even More Special. Two decades after her world title in 2006, Zara returned to the top at Hartpury aboard Class Affair, a horse she has described as one of the toughest she has ever ridden. Yet just as the royal equestrian celebrated the breakthrough she had waited years to achieve, one extraordinary coincidence surrounding the date transformed her triumph into a double celebration for the Royal Family.

Congratulations! You’ve earned 1 point OK Zara Tindall Secures Major Victory After 20 Years — And Gives the Royals Another Reason to Celebrate Zara Tindall has given…

Princess Eugenie Breaks Royal Protocol With an Unexpected Change in Her Baby Daughter’s Name Announcement — And the Detail Has Royal Watchers Taking Notice. The Princess quietly departed from a familiar royal tradition while introducing her newborn, making the announcement noticeably different from those that came before. Now, one carefully chosen change is drawing fresh attention to what Eugenie may be signaling about her daughter’s place within the Royal Family.

Congratulations! You’ve earned 1 point OK Princess Eugenie Makes an Unexpected Change With Baby Adelaide’s Introduction as She Breaks From a Privacy Habit Seen Across the Royal…